Friday, April 27, 2012

Lady Bug Booties Pattern


Lady Bug Booties Pattern:



I used a J 6.00 mm hook and a G 4.25 mm (for the eyes)

Rnd 1:  with black ch2, sc 6 in 2nd ch from hook, join
Rnd 2:  ch1, sc2 in each stitch around, join
Rnd 3-6:  ch1, sc in each stitch around, join
Rnd 7:  Change color to red, ch 1, sc in each stitch around...  DO NOT JOIN!  (this is very important... this starts the opening for the booties)... do not join, instead turn.
Rnd 8:  ch 1, sc in each stitch, turn
Rnd 9-12:  ch 1, sc in each stitch, turn

finishing edge around the top of bootie:  sc evenly around opening making sure to sc in the space where the black meets red...  when you reach the back of the bootie, sl st both sides of shoe together, or if you prefer to sew it so that it looks more seemless, that is entirely up to you. 

fasten off and weave in ends

Antennas:  with black ch 6, sc in the spot in the middle where the black meets the red... but on a black stitch...  (I hope that makes sense)  ch 6 more and tie off...  Then knot the ends of your antennas so that it looks like a small ball shape at the end of the antennas... then cut off excess yarn.

Eyes:   (Make 4)  Use a G hook...  ch 2, then sc 5 in 2nd chain from hook, join fasten off.  Then sew on lil black buttons and sew to the booties... or if you prefer, you could just sew the eyes on with black yarn, sewing from the center of the eye.

I believe that this pattern could easily be used to make adult size slippers as well...  I would think that you could use a bigger hook, like the N hook, and make more stitches in the beginning, like instead of only 6 sc, maybe 12 or more... and then instead of just 6 rounds of each color... then I would measure the foot and crochet the black till it was half the length needed and then start on the red and crochet the same amount of rows as the black.  I am definitely not an expert and I haven't yet tried it out for adult size slippers.  This is just an idea that I had.  Let me know if you do try it out for adult size slippers.

If anything is unclear please contact me or leave a comment below!

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm flattered that you asked about the pattern for the argyle hat. Yes, it's still on the list of things to do - the poor thing keeps getting bumped in favor of things that need to be done first. However, I really do want to get it done and would love to have someone test it out for me as I'm new to writing patterns. Maybe you would like to be my pattern tester for it? feel free to email me at alaynascreations(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I use to see your blog and i love your work. So i nomeate your blog for a Liebster Award. The rules are here: http://santa-handmade.blogspot.pt/ or you can e-mail me to santahandmade@gmail.com

    I hope you enjoy,
    Thanks,
    Olga

    ReplyDelete